TacitKey Pte Ltd. is a private limited company having its registered office at 89 Short Street, Golden Wall Center #09-08A, Singapore - 188216 and offers both mobile and web-based platform that empowers You to publish, inspire, and earn based on your tacit knowledge. TacitKey’s features and services enable you to showcase your expertise, validate your skill sets, access multiple earning opportunities, become a thought leader, and establish your knowledge legacy by publishing, reviewing or learning, hosting or participating in Events, creating or participating in Courses, connecting with or exchanging ideas through Communities, and increasing your earnings through economic opportunities based on your tacit knowledge that You have showcased on the platform,
The terms, "TacitKey" "We", "Us", or "Our" refers to TacitKey Pte. Ltd and the terms “You” and “Your” refers to registered users of TacitKey.
This General Terms & Conditions (hereinafter “Terms”), forms a binding and legal agreement between You & TacitKey and govern Your use of the services which can be accessed from https://www.tacitkey.com/ and other related sub domains and/or mobile applications and/or and all of the webpages, subdomains, country level domain variants and subparts of those websites ("Platform"). Any additional Terms & Conditions to these Terms (“Service Specific Terms”) will become a part of Your agreement with us only if You choose to use those Service(s).
By checking on the ‘I Agree’ box in our sign-up page, You, either as an individual or if You are representing an entity then on behalf of that entity, agree to be bound by the Terms and any other policies included by reference herein.
TacitKey may from time to time make changes or modifications to any portions of these Terms. If such change or modification is likely to affect Your rights under these Terms, You will then be provided with a days prior notice via the email address used by You while signing up for our Services or in any other manner which seems appropriate to TacitKey. Your continued use of the Platform after the expiry of the said notice period will constitute Your acceptance to the modified Terms. If You do not agree to the modified Terms, Your only remedy will be to stop using the Services by sending us an account deletion email request.
TacitKey provides to You a knowledge publishing and monetization platform in which You can publish Your content or review others’ Content, create or join groups to discuss with Your peers, conduct or participate in live events, post or access Content from events that You had participated in or conducted previously, host or participate in live webinars, create or enroll for courses, create or participate in surveys, display or post promotional content (hereinafter “Services”) and You may also earn or get paid for any of the above activities. Enlisted below are the Services and a brief description of each such Service.
- TacitWorks - lets You to create, publish Your Content and inspire others by becoming a thought leader. You can earn by publishing your content at the price you choose or by publishing for free and earning through brand endorsements from TacitAdopt. You may review the Content shared by other users. Based on the number of votes Your review receives, you may become eligible for earning opportunities.
- Community – lets You engage with Your peers or Your associates together under a private group and host discussions, invite feedback, conduct polls, online events, training sessions, and send out surveys within the members of Your Community or with the users of TacitKey in general.
- Events – lets You to create live and highlights from past events, set agenda, invite speakers, promote the event, set registration fees & collect payments and upload Content of events conducted previously.
- Courses & Webinars – lets You to offer training programs as on-demand courses and live webinars or participate in such training programs offered by others.
TacitAsk – lets You find solutions to Your questions from relevant group of users based on their showcased tacit knowledge and pay them for their responses or provide solutions to questions from other users and be paid for your responses.
TacitKey will never share Your Personal information without Your consent. In certain cases, Your earnings from TacitAsk may be contingent upon sharing Your Personal Information as a participant. Since sharing Your Personal Information is governed by the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act, TacitKey will share Your Personal Information that You have shared as part of the questionnaire only upon receiving explicit consent from You.
- TacitHub – lets You to discuss and get opinions from Your business contacts, publish Your Content with them, get their opinion, suggestions or reviews on Your products and run mass email campaigns either directly or indirectly through TacitKey.
- TacitAdopt & Sponsored Works – Promote and post Your promotional Content to targeted or selected users.
When You use these Services, You agree to comply with the Service Specific Terms in addition to these General Terms.
To access, view or use our Services, You need to create an account by providing Your name, email address and phone number in the sign up form. Alternatively, You can also sign up for TacitKey using Your social media accounts as listed in the sign up page. When You sign up using Your social media accounts, we assure You that except for the basic information that is required to identify You, we do not collect any other information or data from Your social media account. We also assure You that unless You permit us to do so, we do not post or promote any Content in Your social media page.
For Creating an Account.
By creating an account with TacitKey and by accessing our Platform, You represent and warrant to us that:
- You have attained the legal age of majority under the law applicable in the jurisdiction from where You access the Platform;
- You have the lawful authority and capacity to contract and be bound by these Terms;
- If You are creating a business profile and publishing or reviewing Content using that business profile, You understand that You are accepting these Terms on behalf of that business, company, limited liability partnership or other legal entity and You have the authority to bind such business or entity to these Terms. In such event, "You" and "Your" as used in these Terms shall refer to such business or entity; and
- You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- For accessing or using our Services. When You access our services to publish, or upload Your Content, post Your review or comment in the Content published by other users, or participate in any discussion relating to Content posted by You or other users, You agree to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy which is incorporated herein by reference.
When You sign-up with TacitKey and create an account, You agree to
- Create one user account and not create any fictitious account;
- Submit accurate, current, true and complete information about You or Your entity while signing-up on the Platform and You agree that TacitKey will not be responsible to verify the accuracy and truthfulness of any information submitted by You;
- Update Your information that You submitted with us, in case of any changes;
- Secure Your account credentials to prevent unauthorized access;
- Notify us immediately in case of any breach of security or any unauthorized use of Your Account;
- Be responsible for all activity on Your Account and to use and operate the same in accordance with applicable law; and
- Comply with Service Specific Terms if any that is/ are applicable to You.
In addition to the above, You agree to verify Your email address and/ or Your phone number to actively use the Platform. Alternatively, You can also verify Your email address by signing up through Your social media accounts linked with TacitKey. The aforementioned validation process will be undertaken either by TacitKey directly or through third-party vendors so appointed by TacitKey.
Subject to Your agreement to these Terms, including the additional service specific terms if any, and the policies included herein by reference, TacitKey grants to you a personal, limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sub licensable license to use the Platform and Services to:
- Publish Your content or review others’ Content;
The security and integrity of Your Personal Information and Data is important to us. As a service provider, we follow a high and a generally accepted standard of security to protect the Personal Information and Data that you submit to us. If you have any questions or concerns relating to Your Personal Information or the Data, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TacitKey assures to You that all Your Personal Information and Data will only be processed on your behalf and under your instruction. We only collect that Information which is required or mandate for us to verify You or Your account. We also assure to You that We do not collect or process any of your Personal Information for any purposes that are not listed herein.
a. Information Provided By You
b. Information Collected from You
c. Information Tracked Automatically
• Beacons and log devices
d. Information From Social Media
e. Information From Mobile Device
When You create an account to access our services, You will provide certain personally identifiable information to us which includes Your name and a valid email address. You may also, at Your option, provide, occupation, interests, device related information, geographical location, time zone or Your IP address to us. All aforesaid information which when used in combination or separately identifies an individual is considered to be sensitive and shall be termed as “Personal Information”.
When You make payment to use the paid version of our services, You will be providing certain sensitive information such as Your name, email, mobile number, credit or debit card details and other financial information as required by the payment processor. All our payment processors are PCI DSS compliant and they collect and retain Your Personal Information and financial information only for the purpose of facilitating payments for our Services. Similarly, when You earn from Your Content or from any other activities in our Platform, You will be required to provide Your bank account details, PayPal or other wallet details to receive the so earned money.
Except for the aforementioned, We do not collect, store or retain any of Your credit or debit card details.
TacitKey will, when you provide express permission while creating your account, collect IP address, location information, time zone, browser information and device information from you. We will track all your activities when you interact with any of our Services. We also track your referral information, for example the source from which you heard about us or signed up with us. We collect this information to help us improve our Services and we do not share or sell any of this information to third parties without Your consent.
To improve the responsiveness of the Platform to You, TacitKey may use "cookies", or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand Your individual interests using the identified computer. Unless You voluntarily identify Yourself (through registration, for example), TacitKey will have no way of knowing who You are, even if We assign a cookie to Your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information You supply. A cookie cannot read data off Your hard drive. Third party advertisers may also assign their own cookies to Your browser (if You click on their ads). When You click on such advertisements, You agree to be bound by the terms and policies of such third parties.
Our web servers automatically collect limited information about Your computer's connection to the internet, including Your IP address, when You visit the Platform. We may also collect log information from Your device, including Your location, IP address, Your device’s name, device’s serial number or unique identification number etc. We may use the information collected by web beacons to track Your online usage patterns in an anonymous manner, without identifying You personally.
When you use our mobile application and permit it, our application may access Your messages, notifications, camera, photo library, or any other media stored in your mobile device. Our access will be limited to providing our services to You. If You choose to not permit or cancel the already permitted access, You can do so by disabling the access in the settings menu of Your device. Please note that when You choose to disable the required access You may not be able to use Our services efficiently.
We use the information, including Your Content, that You provide to us or We collect from you when You register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a campaign or marketing communication, access the website, or use any site features in the following ways:
- - To personalize Your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of Content and product offerings you are most interested in;
- - To verify and validate Your email id;
- - To improve our website or services in order to better serve You;
- - To allow us to provide prompt response to Your customer service requests;
- - To perform statistical analyses of Your behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of our website;
- - To evaluate Your percentile score/ expertise on the Platform;
- - To share the Content or reviews publicly, only when expressly permitted by You;
- - To administer a contest, promotion, campaign, survey or other site feature;
- - To quickly process your transactions, for example sending email invite to use our services;
- - To ask for ratings and reviews of our services or products;
- - To follow up with You after a sales inquiry request through live chat, email or phone inquiries; and
TcitKey will share your Personal Information only with Your consent unless sharing of Your information is required by law or a valid order from a court of competent jurisdiction.
We share Your Personal Information with only with such third-party service providers who are authorized to provide services for which We have integrated them with our Platform. For example, we share your personal information with the payment service provider to authorize and acknowledge the receipt of payment from you.
TacitKey uses reasonable security measures to protect Information from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of Information. TacitKey hosts the Platform in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
TacitKey permits its users to view and read the Content posted by You in a non-downloadable format, thereby preventing other users or viewers from duplicating Your Content. While sharing Content in social media sites, We will post only the title, abstract and Your name as provided by You in Your Content to attract readers from external sources.
You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of Your user ids and passwords while accessing the Platform as a user. You acknowledge that neither TacitKey nor any of its directors, shareholders, employees or other representatives shall be liable to You under any circumstances for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from or arise out of, or a breach or, or compromise of registration of Your account with Us and/or Your ability or inability to use such Account.
We use third-party payment processors such as PayPal (“Payment Processors”) for any payments made on this Platform. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the payment service providers in addition to the Terms. You acknowledge that neither TacitKey nor any of its directors, shareholders, employees or other representatives shall be liable to You under any circumstances for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from or arise out of Your use of payment processors, Your payment through the payment gateway or Your ability or inability to complete the payment.
Our Platform is primarily operated and managed on servers of third party service providers located and operated from Singapore as per the terms agreed with such third party service provider. To facilitate the provision of Services TacitKey stores and sends Your Information outside the country where You reside or are a national of. With the intention to protect Your Personal Information during such transfers, We have implemented measures to comply with the most stringent privacy laws, the GDPR. However, by registering on the Platform, You agree and consent to the transfer and processing of Your information on servers located outside of the country You reside in and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of Your residence or nation.
If You use or access our services from the EU region, You will have certain legal rights to obtain information as to how we handle Your Personal Information. You may also at any point of time, raise your concerns by writing to us at email@example.com and We will ensure to write back to you within a reasonable period.
In addition to the above and as mandated by the provisions of the GDPR, You are entitled to the following rights with regard to the Personal Information that You share or store with us.
- – Right to access;
- – Right to restrict/ prevent processing of your information;
- – Right to update/ modify your Personal Information;
- – Right to erasure;
- – Right to withdraw consent from receiving our marketing e-mails; and
- – Right to request Your Content, except Viewer’s Content, before deleting Your account with us.
TacitKey does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from individuals who are under the legal age of majority. Also, none of our services are developed targeting individuals who are considered to be Children under the US Children Online Privacy and Protection Act. If You happen to come across any account belonging to Children, You, either as a user or a parent of such child, can notify us. Upon receipt of such notification We will, after proper verification, either suspend or disable the said child account and delete all details relating to the said account from our servers.
TacitKey will retain Content, service logs, user logs and Personal Information for a reasonable period after which all those information will be recycled from our data centre. If TacitKey receives a valid court order or other legal notice, TacitKey will retain all information relating to the account mentioned in such court order or notice even without obtaining consent from the respective user. Also, if You have published a paid Content You understand and agree that we will, in order to ensure the rights granted by You to the purchaser(s) of Your Content, retain Your Content even after deletion of Your account with us.
Except for archiving and any other purposes as mentioned herein, TacitKey will not retain any information of Yours. Once You request deletion of Your account, all Your Personal Information, Content, Your comments to the Contents posted by other users will all be deleted or hidden, as the case be, within a period of fifteen (15) days from the date of such request by You.
- Legal Counsel
- TacitKey Pte Ltd.
- 89 Short Street,
- Golden Wall Center #09-08A,
- Singapore - 188216
You, as a creator of Your Content, own the copyright in Your Content and TacitKey respects your rights in any work created or developed by you. If you believe that any Content published on our Platform infringes your copyright or if such Content was published by a TacitKey user (hereinafter “User”) without obtaining a valid license or consent from you, We request you to send us a valid take down notice in compliance with Singapore Copyright Act as amended in 2014.
Upon receipt of a valid complaint or a take-down notice, We will immediately notify the User and forward the complaint email along to the User. If User fails to respond to TacitKey within 14 days of receiving the complaint email, TacitKey will take down the Content permanently as per Sections 193DDB and 252CDB of the Singapore Copyright Act (Chapter 63), as amended in 2014.
Procedure and content of a valid take-down notice.
- Your name, physical address, telephone number, email address , facsimile number (if any) and if You are not resident in Singapore, then the address for service in Singapore;
- description of the work which You claim to be infringing Your work;
- a statement requesting TacitKey to remove/disable access to the infringing Content;
- a statement that You, in good faith, believe that the published Content is an infringing copy;
- a statement that the information in the take-down notice is accurate; and
- a statement under penalty of perjury that You are the copyright owner or an exclusive licensee of the work or You are authorised to act on behalf of such owner or exclusive licensee.
Procedure and content of a valid counter-notice.
User shall sign and send a valid counter-notice to TacitKey within 14 days of receiving a complaint email from TacitKey.
- User’s name, physical address, telephone number, email address, facsimile number (if any) and if the User is not a resident of Singapore, then the address for service in Singapore;
- Identification of the Content that was originally published by the User and removed now or to which access was disabled and the online location of such Content before it was removed or disabled;
- a statement that the information in the counter-notice is accurate;
- a statement under penalty of perjury, that the User believes in good faith that the Content was removed or access to the Content was disabled as a result of mistake or the Content does not infringe copyright of others; and
- a statement that the User submits to the jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore.
All notices relating to claims of copyright infringement shall be sent to
TacitKey Pte. Ltd.
Attn: Legal Counsel
89 Short Street,
#09-08A Golden wall centre,
Singapore - 188216
Please note that when you knowingly misrepresent any Content to be infringing or make false statements in the take-down notice or the counter-notice, you understand that you are committing an offence under Section 193DD the Singapore Copyright Act (Chapter 63), as amended in 2014.
These Service Specific Terms apply to You when You use the particular Service in our Platform. In case of any conflict between the General Terms and the Service Specific Terms, the terms available in the Service Specific Terms shall prevail. Also, all users, irrespective of the Service they use agree to be bound the Do’s and Dont’s listed in our Acceptable Use Policy, which shall be deemed to be a part of the General Terms above.
As defined in the Terms, TacitWorks can be used by You to upload and publish any Content to which You are the owner or You possess valid license & permissions from its respective owner. By Publishing TacitWorks, You agree to comply with the Do’s and Don’t’s of the Acceptable Use Policy. Additionally, You agree to let TacitKey moderate Your submitted Content in accordance with the Moderation Guidelines published therein. You have the option to publish the Content either for free or for a fee. When You publish Your Content for free, You have the option of letting the Content to be adopted by the respective market leaders and earn from Your Content as a free user of TacitKey for a period of two (2) weeks. If You wish to earn from the same Content by letting the Content to be adopted, You shall then become a paid user of TacitKey.
When You let the Content to be adopted, You are letting the adopter to use Your Content and involve in marketing the adopter’s product or entity by including a logo or the trademark of such adopter entity. Each adopter of Your Content will be allowed to use Your Content for his requirements for a period of seven (7) days starting from Monday to Sunday.
TacitWorks can be published either on the Platform to let all users of TacitKey to view the Content or it can be published within a Community to be published and viewed only by the respective Community members. When You publish within a community Your Content will become ineligible to earn from TacitAdopt.
As a user of the Platform, You will have the ability to access and/or use Content provided by others and receive or see advertisements posted along with such Content in Your account page. In order to provide and promote relevant Content in your account page, You consent and permit TacitKey to track Your interest & activities on the Platform and based on such parameters display the Content on Your feed or Account to suit Your needs. However nothing herein shall obligate TacitKey to moderate or censor the Content that is published on the Platform.
As part of offering Courses, Events & Webinars, You understand and agree that:
- i. You may provide live and recorded instruction, tutoring, training, courses and learning services via Our Platform;
- ii. TacitKey will be under no obligation to monitor unauthorized access of the Content published;
- iii. You shall provide a detailed description of the Course, Event / Webinar offered through the Platform;
- iv. You shall list down the price and offers or discounts if any for each such Course, Event or Webinar;
- v. You shall be liable for the quality of the Course, Event & Webinar;
- vi. Your adherence to the schedule mentioned by You in the Course, Event & Webinar page; and
- vii. You shall be liable for the data that You collect from the participants of each such Course, Event & Webinar.
You can use Community to send out bulk emails to members of the community and to individuals who aren’t registered users of the Platform through subscribing to the Community Plan. The emails shall adhere to the content restrictions mentioned in these Terms. Subscribing to the community plan would require importing of Your contacts from Your registered Email-ID.
News boards, discussions or opinions shared on the Community page or any communication as between You and any other user of the Platform or third party outside the Platform is not monitored by TacitKey. We shall not be liable for any reason whatsoever with respect to such News boards, discussions or opinions shared on the Community page. TacitKey reserves the right to suspend the activities of any Community in case of breach or suspected breach of these.
The creator/ owner of a community on the Platform You have the right to curate the Content on the community page and TacitKey assumes no responsibility with respect to the same. The creator of the community shall be responsible for all acts, omissions, discussions, and liabilities arising from any disputes from such community. It is agreed and understood that the Company operates only as a platform connecting and enabling its users to connect the members of a Community or an Association and any claims and complaints as against each other will not be entertained by the Company.
As a creator or member of a Community, You will be eligible to enjoy all the features Platform which includes but is not limited to TacitAdopt or Community Adopt, TacitHub, TacitSurvey, Events, Courses & Webinars.
You can create and conduct surveys by using a brand name, which You have linked with Your TacitKey profile. Alternatively You can also send surveys to targeted users without disclosing Your identity to such targeted users.
As a creator of survey, You are responsible to pay to the attendees of Your survey. The minimum sum to be paid by You as a creator will be fixed by TacitKey and can be found in the service page where You will be allowed to create Your surveys. You can however, use the results obtained from such surveys for any legally valid commercial purposes.
You can also set a pre-qualifying questionnaire to filter the users to whom Your final questionnaire are to be sent.
As a creator of survey, You understand and agree that You will not be eligible to request refund from the attendees of survey.
For a detailed note on TacitAsk, please refer our FAQ.
Using this Service, You can discuss and obtain opinions from Your business contacts, share Your commercial Content with them, get their opinion, suggestions or reviews on Your products and run mass email campaigns either directly or indirectly through TacitKey. When You run mass email campaigns, You agree not to spam or use the service otherwise for any illegal purposes. Also, when You send e-mails using TacitHub, You understand that You will be responsible to make sure that You have obtained the required consent from Your e-mail recipients and to ensure compliance with the then prevailing and applicable laws relating to sending mass e-mail campaigns.
TacitAdopt lets You to promote Your brand while riding on Content published by any TacitKey user, provided such user has agreed to let his/ her Content to get adopted. Whenever, You adopt a Content You understand that can use the Content to promote Your brand for a period of 7 days, from Monday to Sunday, from the date of winning a bid conducted by TacitKey.
You agree not to challenge TacitKey on the result of bids that was conducted amongst the participants interested in adopting a particular Content.
Sponsored works is similar to TacitAdopt, except that the number of days during which the sponsor will be allowed to use a user’s Content will be 30 days in case of Sponsored Works.
In both the services, the adopter and the sponsor, as the case be, is only licensed to use the copyrighted Content of a TacitKey user. Upon expiry of the license grant, the adopter or the sponsor agrees to return all the Content and stop using the Content for promoting its brands respectively.
Finally, both the adopter and the sponsor will not be eligible to claim a refund of the sum paid by them to the Content owner.
For a detailed note on the Service listed above, please refer our FAQ.